Yes, I still love my snacks. We’ve been going through a heat wave the past week, so I haven’t been able to bake crackers or cookies. Finally, this morning, I decided I was going to make wheat thins. They came out pretty good.
I used a recipe from Tracey’s Culinary Adventures, and they came out pretty darn good. Since you can go to her site and get the recipe, I’m just going to note changes and observations I have to them.
- I like salty crackers, so next time, I may brush with melted butter, or a little water and then sprinkle with salt for that extra salty flavor.
- I couldn’t taste the paprika, so next time, I’ll add just a little more. Not needed, just a preference for me.
- I was going to use my pasta maker to ‘roll’ these out. It wasn’t needed, they rolled out so easily that it was faster to just use the rolling pin.
- Remember that thin is the key when rolling these out.
- As with Tracy’s experience, I had to add a little extra water for the dough to come together. If you do need to add the extra water, remember to just do a little at a time.
- I mixed my dough in my food processor because that was easy for me, worked just fine.
That’s about it. I now have snacks again. I’m so excited.