I enjoy food. As I’ve become mature, I’ve learned to appreciate it more and more. I will admit, that as a child, is was horrible with food. Very, very picky about what I ate. There are still foods I have difficulty with eating, but I am getting better about it. Today, I was reminded of 10 lessons about food. It was a real refreshing reminder. I got these from this website.
- Food is a version of God’s love
- Food is a gift from God
- Food is not cheap (look at the work that goes into it, not the monetary side)
- Food is for sharing and fellowship
- Eating connects us to creation
- Eating reminds us of our stewardship
- Eating is a reminder of the Eucharist
- Saying grace makes us mindful of God
- The goal of all eating is to savor a taste of heaven
- Food lets us commune with God
I’m going to add one thing to this list. A dear friend of mine that I respect and admire, says “If God didn’t make it, don’t eat it.” She’s right. Bon appetit.